Swimming at your leisure centres
Please note that our pool timetables change during school holidays and on bank holidays.
NL Active swimming pools
We operate five swimming pools in North Lincolnshire and offer a wide range of swimming sessions.
- Ancholme Leisure Centre – five lane, 25 metre pool with separate teaching pool.
- Axholme North Leisure Centre – four lane, 25 metre pool opened 3 January 2019.
- Baysgarth |Community Hub – four lane, 20 metre pool.
- Riddings Community Hub – six lane, 25 metre pool.
- The Pods – eight lane, 25 metre pool with separate teaching pool.
Our pools are also available to hire for children’s parties, galas and swimming events. For more details or to book please contact the centres directly and ask to speak to the Duty Manager.
You can view prices for swimming and activities on our current prices webpage
Water based activities are great fun especially for young children. However water is hazardous and careful supervision is essential.
The following rules are in place to help us maintain safety:
- A responsible adult aged 17 and over must accompany every child under the age of four-years-old.
- A responsible adult aged 17 and over must accompany children aged between four and seven years inclusive, with no more than two children to every adult.
- Children aged eight and over can swim unaccompanied.
What type of swimming sessions are available?
As a quick guide the following types of session are available:
- Adult and child: Session designed specifically for pre-school children and parents. All sessions must be booked in advance as places are limited.
- Adult and toddler casual swim: Casual swim for adults and toddlers
- Adult lessons: For adults who would like to learn how to swim or improve their swimming technique
- Adult swim: Casual swim session for adults
- Casual swim: An unprogrammed swimming session that is open to all users (unless age group stated)
- Family casual swim: A session specifically for families. All children must be accompanied in the pool by an adult
- Family Funsplash: A family only session with floats in the pool
- Funsplash: Fun pool session with toys and floats
- Lanes: A session for serious swimmers
- Private hire: Pool hired for private booking
- Reserved for parties: Pool available to hire for parties
- Schools: Pool closed for school swimming lessons
SEND swim: SEND swim sessions have a reduced pool capacity, so customers with a disability or additional needs have more space to swim.
- Summer Daze: Free casual swimming session for children aged 16 years and under.
- Summer Daze families only: Family casual session where children aged 16 years and under can swim for free. Children must be accompanied in the pool by an adult.
- SwimLincs Minis: Swimming lessons for children aged four months to three years and their parent or guardian.
- SwimLincs pre-school: Swimming lesson programme for children aged three to four years.
- SwimLincs: Swimming lessons for children aged four years plus and covers non-swimmers through to advanced levels.
- Training lane: A session designed for serious swimmers where the use of training paddles and fins is permitted, in addition to kickboards and pullbuoys.
- Wobstacle Wipeout: Action packed fun on the giant inflatable obstacle course. Suitable for children aged eight to 15 years
If you have a MAX Card you can swim at a discounted rate in all NL Active pools.
MAX Card offer
- Free casual or FunSplash swim for the card holder and £1 swim for one accompanying person
- Half price family swim (2 adults and up to 3 children)
Swimming supervision ratios apply. Please note that the MAX Card can only be used in casual or FunSplash sessions and the card can not be used in the SEND swim sessions.