NL Active at The Pods
Situated next to Central Park in Scunthorpe, The Pods is the largest sports and fitness facility in North Lincolnshire.
We offer a wide range of activities for people of all ages and fitness levels.
Whether you are looking to keep fit, improve your health, try a new sport or simply relax and unwind, we’re sure you’ll find an activity to suit.
We offer several membership packages to help keep you fit and active as well as saving you money. For further information visit our membership information page. You can view prices for swimming and activities on our current prices webpage.
Sports facilities available
- Eight lane, 25 metre swimming pool
- Teaching pool
- Six court sports hall
- 85+ station gym over two levels with Life Fitness gym equipment
- Two group fitness studios offering 75 plus classes per week
- Virtual fitness studio delivering Les Mills fitness classes
- Meeting room
Save time book online
You can now book group fitness classes and sport hall activities at The Pods online:
Don’t let the weather stop you playing football. Our sports halls are marked out and goals easily set-up for five-a-side-football. Bookings can be taken all year round for casual one-off games or weekly block bookings.
All bookings are for one hour and footballs and bibs are available to use.
A fast paced racket sport played with a shuttlecock over a 1.55 metres high net. Can be played by two or four players.
Badminton is a great aerobic sport that helps improve stamina, agility and motor coordination and has been proven to burn fat and increase muscle tone when played regularly.
Our courts are available to hire for one off games or weekly blocks on the hour. Each booking is for one hour. Rackets and shuttlecocks are available to hire from the customer service desk.
Badminton prices include racket hire.
Basketball is a fast-paced game played by two teams of five players. It involves trying to pass and dribble the ball before trying to shoot the ball into a high mounted hoop to score.
A great sport for developing speed, agility, coordination and teamwork.
Our courts are available to hire for casual one-off games, block bookings or just to shoot some hoops with your friends. Each booking is for one hour on the hour.
With over 150 fitness classes across our five centres, we aim to cater for all fitness levels and ages. We offer a wide range of different classes from high energy to relaxation and well being. Find out more on our Group Fitness Classes page
Our fully equipped, air conditioned gyms offer a range of Life Fitness equipment for everyone. You can choose from cardiovascular machines such as rowers, cycles, treadmills and steppers, resistance equipment including free weights or try our dedicated stretch areas with stability balls, medicine balls, body bars and more. Find out more on our Gyms page.
The Bujin karate club based at The Pods practices the style Wado Ryu. The main elements of the training are Kata and Kumite.
New starters are welcome from the age of eight onwards. All new students aged 16 years and under are asked to attend their first session on one of the new starter sessions dates shown below. Students aged 17 years and over can attend their first session on any training sessions.
Like basketball, netball is a fast-paced sport played by two teams of seven players. The aim is to try to pass the ball through the court then shoot it through a high hoop.
A great sport for developing speed, agility, coordination and teamwork.
Our courts are available to hire for casual one-off games and block bookings. Each booking is for one hour on the hour.
A fun game for all the family, short tennis helps develop technique, tactics and understanding on a manageable sized court. Great for all ages and as energetic as you want to make it.
Prices include racket hire.
We operate five swimming pools in North Lincolnshire and offer a wide range of swimming sessions.
- Ancholme Leisure Centre – five lane, 25 metre pool with separate teaching pool.
- Axholme North Leisure Centre – four lane, 25 metre pool opened 3 January 2019.
- Baysgarth Leisure Centre – four lane, 20 metre pool.
- Riddings Pool – six lane, 25 metre pool.
- The Pods – eight lane, 25 metre pool with separate teaching pool.
Swimming is great fun at any age. Whether you want to learn to swim, improve your technique, get fit or just have fun, we’re sure you’ll find a session you enjoy.
For further information including booking, prices and timetables visit the swimming at your leisure centre page
Swimlincs Home Portal is a free to use service and once you have registered; you can view your child’s swimming lesson progress from the comfort of your home. Visit the swimming lessons page for more details
A game based on tennis, played with small bats and a hollow ball across a table divided by a net. Can be played by two or four players.
Great for improving hand-eye coordination and general fitness levels.
Price includes hire of equipment.
Our trampoline courses give you the opportunity to learn the basic techniques and skills including tucks, pikes, piles and straddle jumps in a safe supervised environment. All sessions are taught by a qualified BGA trampoline coach and places are limited to eight people per course. Contact the centre for information on course timetables.
Dress code: we ask that children wear socks, all long hair must be tied back and all items of jewellery be removed before the start of the session.
Volleyball is a energetic sport played by two teams of six players, using tactics, agility and power to outwit the opposition and ground the ball on their side of the court.
Our courts are available to hire for casual one-off games or block bookings. Each booking is for one hour on the hour.
Open to visitors and centre users, The Hub café provides a good range of breakfasts, snacks, sandwiches and paninis, fruit granola pots, jacket potatoes, and cakes. It also serves Lavazza coffee, speciality teas, hot chocolate and soft drinks.
Café opening times
Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4pm
Saturday and Sunday 9am to 3.30pm
Make a splash with one of our action packed pool parties. We can offer a no mess and no stress day that your child and their friends won’t forget.
Our party package includes:
- One hour in the pool and up to one hour use of our designated party area (party area available to customers who have booked refreshments with Churchill Catering)
- A free swim voucher for every child party guest
- A personalised welcome poster and birthday card
- Party invitation template (downloadable)
Up to 35 swimmers
- Toys, floats and small inflatables – £75
Up to 50 swimmers
- Giant inflatable obstacle course – £175
Up to 140 swimmers
- Toys, floats and small inflatables – £145
Up to 80 swimmers
- Giant inflatable obstacle course in the main pool and toys, floats and small inflatables in the teaching pool – £245
Up to 150 swimmers
- Toys, floats and small inflatables – £220
Availability and booking
Parties are available to book in the main pool on Saturday, 3pm to 4pm or 4pm to 5pm and Sundays 3pm to 4pm, or the teaching pool Saturday and Sunday 3pm to 4pm.
Pool party terms and conditions [PDF, 62Kb] apply.
For further details or to book please contact the bookings team on 01724 291912 or email email@example.com . On receipt, we will contact you to either confirm your requirements and make the booking, or to take payment.
Our preferred payment method is by debit or credit card.
Booked a party with us? Why not download our party invitation [PDF, 150Kb] to send to your friends.
Disability is no barrier to fitness at The Pods, where we offer an inclusive facility. For those customers with additional accessibility requirements The Pods has been equipped with the following:
- Accessible parking spaces for blue badge holders near the building entrance
- Level access to the building
- Touch pad entrance doors
- Lowered counter and hearing loops at the customer service desk
- Assistance dogs can be accommodated – we will look after your dog while you exercise
- Level access and lifts to upper floor areas
- Braille signs
- Accessible changing rooms fitted with alarms and toilets in the gym, swimming hall, sports hall and viewing areas, including a lead changing room with tracking and hoist systems and shower bed.
- Wheelchair accessible lockers in swimming pool changing room
- Hoist and graded steps available for use in both pools
- Hoist and tracking system for the spa
- Hoist available in the sports hall
- Accessible gym equipment
- Evac chairs which allow wheel chair users or less able bodied customers to be evacuated quickly and safely down a large flight of stairs.
We also hold a Disability Standards Open Doors Award.
The Pods provides the ideal location for business meetings, conferences, workshops and seminars.
- Meeting room situated on the first floor overlooking the pool
- Managed reception to greet your guests
- Lift access
- Free Wi-Fi connection in the room
- Hearing loop
- Projector, laptop and smart board
- Conference telephone
- Air-conditioned room
- Free on site parking
- On site catering and cafe
For booking information, availability and prices please contact us on:
Our meeting room is available to hire Monday to Friday, 9am to 10pm, Saturday and Sunday 9am to 6pm.
On-site catering is available, ranging from full buffets and working lunches to teas and coffees. Catering can be booked in addition to the hire of the room. Please call Churchill Catering with your catering requirements on 01724 291922.
We have a a sports hall at the Pods where we host a variety of activities and classes. See activity section above for more information.
Monday to Friday: 6am to 9pm
Saturday and Sunday: 8am to 5pm
Telephone and booking line opening hours
Our telephone lines are open for bookings and enquiries:
Bank holidays: 7.30am to 8.30pm
You can also book group fitness classes and a range of sports hall activities online, 24 hours a day.