Strategies and Plans
Our strategies and plans set out what we will focus on to ensure North Lincolnshire remains a safe, well, prosperous and connected place to live and work.
The Council Plan [2022-25] guides all of our activity, setting out the priorities we will concentrate on and the way we will work in order to deliver better outcomes across North Lincolnshire.
We produce other strategies and plans that enable us to deliver on the Council Plan’s four priorities. You can read some of the key ones below.
Priority 1: Keeping people safe and well
- Adults Strategy 2023-2025 [PDF, 894Kb] or view the Adults Strategy accessible version.
- Joint Health and Wellbeing Strategy 2021 – 2026 [PDF, 357Kb] – to improve North Lincolnshire’s health and wellbeing and reduce health inequalities.
- Health and Care Integration Plan-2021-24 [PDF, 2Mb] – to join up the range of different health and social care services so patients experience it as one seamless service.
- Helping Children and Families [2020-24] – to help children, young people and families to participate in their communities, find help, be resilient and stay safe and independent.
- North Lincolnshire Autism Plan 2022-2026 [PDF, 2Mb] – to ensure people with autism have the encouragement and guidance they need to feel safe, enjoy good health and wellbeing and live independent and fulfilled lives.
- Domestic Abuse Strategy 2021-24 [PDF, 1Mb – to prevent and reduce the prevalence of domestic abuse and ensure victims and their families are identified, supported and protected.
- Carer’s Strategy [2022-26] – to provide carers with the support they need to stay healthy, connected, realise their education and employment potential and have a life of their own alongside their caring responsibilities.
- Integrated Adults Partnership Strategic Commissioning Plan – 2020-24 [PDF, 1Mb] – to ensure services working with adults, families and carers work more closely together.
- Children’s Commissioning Strategy-2020-24 – to ensure we provide and commission services that will deliver better outcomes for children, young people and families.
- Children in Care and Care Sufficiency Strategy [2022-24] – to ensure we fulfil our sufficiency duty towards children in care and care leavers.
Priority 2: Enabling resilient and flourishing communities
- A Green Future [2021-30] – to create a cleaner, greener and more sustainable North Lincolnshire.
- Local Transport Plan [2011-26] – to deliver improvements to the local transport network.
- Youth Justice Plan-2022-24 [PDF, 677Kb] – to enable children to live safe, successful lives and reduce their involvement in the criminal justice system.
- Local Flood Risk Management Strategy [PDF, 2Mb] – to manage flood risks, including from surface run-off, groundwater and small rivers and streams.
- Municipal Waste Management Strategy [2012-30] – to develop a more efficient and sustainable system of waste management, promote waste prevention and encourage reuse and recycling.
Priority 3: Enabling economic growth and renewal
- Core Strategy [2011-26] – to determine the future pattern of development in North Lincolnshire and help make decisions on planning applications. A new Local Plan is currently in development that will eventually replace this strategy, guiding decisions and investment on development and regeneration up until 2036.
- Economic Growth Plan [2023-28] – to deliver increased prosperity for North Lincolnshire by stimulating sustainable economic growth.
Priority 4: Providing value for money for local taxpayers
- Financial Strategy (including Budget [2022-23] and Medium-Term Financial Plan [2022-25] – to ensure we maintain a robust and financially sustainable position, achieve good value for money and keep council tax low.
- Anti-Fraud and Corruption Strategy  – to minimise the risk of fraud and corruption occurring and ensure effective action is taken when fraudulent activity is suspected and identified.
Policies and Procedures
Our policies and procedures govern how we operate, ensuring we make good decisions, deliver services effectively and respect you and your information.
- North Lincolnshire Council Constitution – to set out how we operate and make decisions. It explains what we must do to make decisions efficiently, transparently and accountably.
- Information Governance Framework – to ensure personal data and other information is managed safely and securely and that we provide you with access to the information you need.
- Customer Complaints and Contact Policy – to set out how you can make a complaint or leave a comment, how we will deal with it and your rights of appeal.
- Risk management policies – to set out how we identify, evaluate and manage risk.
- Policies for staff – to communicate the rights available to our staff, as well as the behaviours expected from them.
- Equality, diversity and inclusion – to advance equality of opportunity and promote diversity and inclusion.
- Flag Flying – to set out the flags likely to be seen flying at our headquarters throughout the year.
We also have policies and procedures relating to our key responsibilities such as licensing, parking enforcement and planning. Policies and procedures concerning other services can be found on the relevant section of the website.