The Core Strategy and supporting documents, housing and employment land allocations, Lincolnshire Lakes Area Action Plan and other planning policy documents of the North Lincolnshire Local Development Framework.
Planning policy – Local Development Framework
To follow any changes to this service, visit the Council Service Updates page.
The Core Strategy, which was adopted in June 2011, sets out the long term vision for North Lincolnshire and provides a blueprint for managing growth and development in the area up to 2026.
It is the most important element of the North Lincolnshire Local Development Framework. It is part of the development plan for North Lincolnshire and is used to make decisions on planning applications.
Due to the size of this document, you can also download and view separate chapters for easier viewing on smartphones and tablets, all chapters and documents are in PDF format.
|1||A new plan for North Lincolnshire (2006 to 2026)||630Kb|
|2||North Lincolnshire today – a spatial portrait||93Kb|
|3||Putting the Local Development Framework into context||144Kb|
|4||A spatial vision for North Lincolnshire||1.2Mb|
|5||Spatial strategy for North Lincolnshire settlement hierarchy||796Kb|
|6||Renaissance across North Lincolnshire||2.4Mb|
|7||Delivering quality design in North Lincolnshire||182Kb|
|8||Delivering better homes In North Lincolnshire||612Kb|
|9||Delivering greater economic success in North Lincolnshire||2.4Mb|
|10||Creating thriving towns and villages in North Lincolnshire||791Kb|
|11||Environment and resources||958Kb|
|12||Sustainable waste management||3.3Mb|
|15||Transport and communication – connecting North Lincolnshire||478Kb|
|16||Delivering and implementing development in North Lincolnshire||1.8Mb|
|Appendix 1||Infrastructure schedule||738Kb|
|Appendix 2||Monitoring framework||511Kb|
|Appendix 3||Saved Local Plan policies superseded by the core strategy||906Kb|
- Adoption Statement [PDF, 264Kb]
- Sustainability Appraisal and Appendices [PDF, 3.4Mb]
- Updated Appropriate Assessment Review [PDF, 2.4Mb]
- Habitats Regulation Assessment Stage1 Stage 2 Sign Off
- Sustainability Appraisal Statement [PDF, 424Kb]
- Inspector’s Report [PDF, 240Kb]
- Inspector’s Report – Schedule A [PDF, 560Kb]
- Inspector’s Report – Schedule B [PDF, 582Kb]
- Inspector’s Report – Amended Infrastructure Delivery Schedule [PDF, 175Kb]
The Housing and Employment Land Allocations Development Plan Document (DPD) sets out which sites the council has allocated for future housing development and where new employment opportunities will be located.
It also defines town and district shopping centre boundaries to show where future retail development should take place and settlement development limits.
The council adopted the DPD at a meeting of the Full Council on Monday 7 March 2016. This follows an independent examination by a Planning Inspector and public consultation on a number of Proposed Main Modifications. The Inspector considered that the DPD is sound subject to the inclusion of the Proposed Main Modifications.
The adoption draft DPD together with supporting documentation, can be viewed below.
The DPD’s adoption follows extensive evidence gathering, a number of periods of public consultation culminating a statutory six week consultation on Revised Submission Draft version of the DPD (April to June 2014), an independent examination by a Planning Inspector and further consultation period on a number of Proposed Main Modifications.
Adopted DPD proposals map:
Settlements inset maps:
Please contact us for copies of any of the supporting documentation:
- Habitat Regulations Assessment – Updated (January 2015)
- Inspector’s Report – &
A paper copy of the HELADPD and supporting documents can be viewed at Church Square House, DN15 6NL (Monday to Thursday: 9am to 5pm; Friday: 9am to 4.30pm)
If you wish to obtain a paper copy of the DPD or any of the settlement inset maps, a charge will apply to cover the cost of printing, postage and packaging. Please contact Spatial Planning for more details.
| Document Title
|Housing and Employment Land Allocations DPD: Adopted (March 2016) – Full Version||£125|
|A0 Settlement Inset Maps||£15|
|A3 and A4 Settlement Inset Maps||£10|
The Lincolnshire Lakes Area Action Plan (AAP) sets out the planning policy framework to deliver the Lincolnshire Lakes development in a consistent and properly planned way.
This project will create a number of high quality, sustainable village communities on land between the western edge of Scunthorpe and the River Trent, set within an attractive waterside environment with major opportunities for leisure, sport and recreation.
This development will also provide an ideal setting for new businesses with the creation of new high quality employment space and Business Park. For all business and investment opportunities see the Invest in North Lincolnshire website.
The AAP was adopted on 10 May 2016.
This followed extensive evidence gathering, periods of public consultation culminating a statutory six week consultation on Submission Draft version of the AAP (October to December 2014), an independent examination by a Planning Inspector (October 2015) and further consultation period on a number of Proposed Main Modifications (December 2015 to February 2016).
The Inspector considered that the AAP is sound subject to the inclusion of the Proposed Main Modifications.
The adopted AAP together with the Inspector’s Report and other supporting documentation (including the Adoption Statement) can be viewed online.
The Adoption Statement sets out where and how the AAP can be inspected. It states the grounds on which any person aggrieved by the AAP may make an application to the High Court (under Section 113 of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004), together with the period in which any such application must be made.
- Lincolnshire Lakes Area Action Plan (May 2016)
- Infrastructure Delivery Schedule (May 2016)
- Inspector’s Report and Appendix – Main Modifications
- Minor Changes (Editing) – Post Submission
- Adoption Statement (May 2016)
- Environmental Statement (May 2016)
- Sustainability Appraisal – Submission Draft (October 2014)
- Habitat Regulations Assessment – Submission Draft (October 2014)
- Sustainability Appraisal Addendum – Proposed Main Modifications (December 2015)
- Habitat Regulations Assessment – Proposed Main Modifications (December 2015)
A paper copy of the adopted AAP and supporting documents can be viewed at Church Square House,30-40 High Street, Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire,DN15 6NL (Monday to Thursday: 9am to 5pm; Friday: 9am to 4.30pm).
If you wish to obtain a paper copy of the adopted AAP or supporting documentation, a charge will apply to cover the cost of printing, postage and packaging. Please contact Spatial Planning for more details.
We have a number of other adopted documents that are either part of the Local Development Framework or provide guidance for local people and developers. We use them to show how we will involve local people in the planning process, and to help make decisions on planning applications.
- Statement of Community Involvement [PDF, 556Kb] – Adopted in August 2018, it sets out how we will involve the community and other important organisations in creating future planning policy as well as on major planning applications. This should be read alongside the council’s Interim Guidance – Planning Applications in North Lincolnshire: A Guide to Community Involvement [PDF, 164Kb]
- Local Development Scheme [PDF, 267Kb] – The timetable for preparing the new North Lincolnshire Local Plan. The latest version approved in November 2019.
- Planning for Renewable Energy Development – Supplementary Planning Document [PDF, 5Mb] – Adopted in November 2011, it builds on policies in the Core Strategy and North Lincolnshire Local Plan, and sets out our planning policy towards renewable energy development. Used to make decisions on planning applications.
- Interim Planning Policy – Affordable Housing [PDF, 279Kb] – The policy basis for securing developer contributions towards the provision of affordable housing as part of proposals for new housing development.
- Interim Planning Policy – South Humber Gateway Transport Contributions [PDF, 2Mb] – Sets out the mechanism for securing financial contributions for new development at the South Humber Gateway towards transport infrastructure and development of an Area Wide Travel Plan.
- Interim Planning Policy for Residential Care Homes/Institutions [PDF, 623Kb] – Sets out the planning policies that will need to be considered when assessing proposals for residential care homes/institutions in North Lincolnshire.
- Sustainable Drainage Systems (SuDS) and Flood Risk Guidance [PDF, 1.24Mb] – Gives advice for developers and designers on sustainable drainage systems appropriate for developments, depending on size and location, to avoid increasing the risk of flooding to the site and surrounding areas.
- Onshore Oil & Gas Development In North Lincolnshire – Planning Advice Notice [PDF, 634KB] – Provides guidance for communities, developers and decision makers regarding oil and gas extraction, particularly in relation to hydraulic fracturing or “fracking”. It will be updated as required to take account of latest information as it emerges.
- Planning for Health and Wellbeing 2016 – Supplementary Planning Document [PDF, 1.54MB] – Adopted in July 2016, it builds on policies in the Core Strategy and North Lincolnshire Local Plan, and sets out our planning policy towards Health and Wellbeing. Its used to make decisions on planning applications.
If you have any questions regarding the above or other documents you wish to see online, please contact us.