Equality, diversity and inclusion
North Lincolnshire Council is committed to advancing equality of opportunity and promoting diversity and inclusion. We will ensure diverse needs are reasonably met and people are treated fairly with dignity and respect.
Our work on equality, diversity and inclusion is aligned with the North Lincolnshire Equality Pledge developed to:
- Celebrate North Lincolnshire’s diverse community, striving to ensure that we promote equality, inclusion and acceptance of everyone regardless of individual circumstances;
- Recognise prejudice, bias and discrimination and seek to gain understanding of those who we perceive as being different from ourselves – employees feel safe valued and supported;
- Speak Out on all forms of discrimination reaching out to support those who are a target of discrimination in any form.
Our Published Information (relating to our Public Sector Equality Duty)
We have included information / reports and relevant links including our Workforce data/ Equality Objectives
Additional information about diverse populations in our area can be found on the North Lincolnshire Data Observatory website.
From March 2017, employers with 250 or more employees are required to publish statutory gender pay gap information on an annual basis. The gender pay gap is a measure of any disparity in pay between the average earnings of male and females.
We are required to publish:
- Average gender pay gap figures (mean and median);
- the proportion of men and women in each quartile of the pay structure;
- and the gender pay gaps for any bonuses paid out during the year.
You can download and read our Gender Pay Gap Report