We have lots of advice and guidance for young people. Take a look at the information below:
Advice and guidance for young people
To follow any changes to this service, visit the Council Service Updates page.
Looking at how to keep fit and healthy or want to find your nearest doctors surgery? Need advice on sexual health, emotional health or healthy eating? Find all of this information plus more on our health and healthy lifestyle pages.
Information and advice on housing and benefits that you might find useful:
- Leaving home – information and a checklist for young people who have to leave home in a hurry
- Young people leaving care – find information about help for housing for care leavers and the support available as you prepare to leave care
- Student housing – help on finding a suitable place you can afford
- Housing benefit for young people – find out how your age will affect your claim and what type of housing you can get help with
- Housing benefit for students – this can sometimes be paid, find out if you are eligible
- Family Action’s Welfare Grants – grants to support young people living alone (aged 19 to 25)
- Turn2us – information explaining the benefits to young people, including care leavers, benefits and help available for students and travel concessions.
Want to learn how to drive? Check out information on how to choose an instructor, the theory test explained and how booking both your theory and practical tests are easy – this can all be done on-line.
If you are a child or young person and you are carrying out any caring role for a member of your immediate family, it is essential that your wellbeing does not suffer as a result of your responsibilities. Make sure you get the support you need.
Monday to Thursday: 9am to 5pm
Friday: 9am to 4.30pm