What does a Children’s Advocate do?
The Children and Young People’s Advocate speaks up for:
- young people who are in care or a care leaver
- any child or young person being visited at home by a social worker
The Children and Young People’s Advocate is independent. She works with children and young people to help them get their views and wishes across.
If you ever have difficulty:
- getting your point of view across
- or you’ve tried to get help but nothing’s happening
- or you want to tell someone how you feel, but are afraid or don’t know how
- you want someone to talk to
- and someone to listen
There is someone who will listen to your worries and help you find a way to get the support you need