Financial support, advice and guidance

Advice on managing your debts, help to pay your council tax, apply for housing benefit, help with childcare funding, finding a job and looking after your mental health.

Where to get help

We’ve brought together advice, guidance and support both from the council and external agencies and organisations. This guidance offers help including; grants and benefits available and helping with training and employment opportunities.

If you are struggling financially, it is sometimes hard to know where to turn. We are here to help.

People on low-incomes who have been told to self-isolate by NHS Test & Trace can now apply to North Lincolnshire Council for £500.

Contact us if you want to apply for housing benefit, or need additional assistance with rent payments if your household is suffering from severe financial hardship:

Our housing service is dedicated to improving the standard of accommodation in North Lincolnshire by making homes decent, safe and comfortable to live in. We can also offer advice and guidance if you are having problems paying your mortgage or are at risk of losing your home.

We offer assistance to vulnerable homeowners to carry out essential repairs/improvements to their homes such as severe damp and mould, faulty electrics, structural collapse or issues around food safety.

In addition to the above assistance, limited help is available to vulnerable low income households who are without adequate heating (have some living areas that are not heated) or have an old inefficient boiler or require additional insulation measures (subject to survey and eligibility criteria).

Private rented tenants may qualify for limited funding towards heating and insulation measures only.

Further information and how to apply is available on the housing standards, improvements, grants and loans page.

If you currently have NO HEATING and NO HOT WATER please ring the contact centre on 01724 297000.

There are a number of independent organisations who can provide support, advice and guidance across a wide range of money matters including help with debt, paying bills and budgeting.

If you need help and advice about your money worries, or providing enough food for you and your children there are people who can help:

There are several different schemes available to help parents and carers pay their childcare costs, depending on their individual family circumstances. The links provide more details on the schemes available:

If you’re over 16 in need of support to improve your prospects of finding training opportunities, work, are currently unemployed or looking to progress your career there is help available:

Feeling low can make managing money tough and worrying about it can make you feel even worse. By dealing with your debt it will help you to feel less stressed and anxious and more in control.
There are organisations you can talk to in confidence if you feel your situation affecting your mental health:

Other organisations are also here to help with advice and support:


Contact centre 01724 297000