St Bede’s Catholic Voluntary Academy
Contact details, Ofsted report and admission data for St Bede’s Catholic Voluntary Academy, a Catholic comprehensive academy for 11 to 16 year olds in Scunthorpe.
Head Teacher: Ryan Hibbard
St Bede’s Catholic Voluntary Academy website
St Bede’s Catholic Voluntary Academy’s Ofsted report
Admissions information for St Bede’s Catholic Voluntary Academy
September 2023 intake
- Published admission number for year 7 – 150
- Total number on roll – 664
- Number of first preferences – 138
- Number of offers made – 159
If you are applying for a place at this school you will need to complete a supplementary form (this is in addition to completing the main application form either online or on paper – see our Apply for a school place page).
Oversubscribed in the last five years?
Yes – 2023
2024 Published Admission Number for Year 7
Over-subscription criteria for 2023 and 2024
Pupils with an Educational Health and Care Plan (EHCP) which names the school will be admitted. This will reduce the number of places available.
- Catholic children who are looked after or who were previously looked after.
- Catholic children.
- Other children who are looked after or who were previously looked after.
- Catechumens, Candidates and members of Eastern Christian Churches.
- Children of other Christian denominations whose membership is evidenced by a minister of religion.
- Children of other faiths whose membership is evidenced by a religious leader.
- Any other children.
First priority within the criteria will be given to applications from children who attend one of the partner primary schools (St Augustine Webster, St Bernadette’s, St Mary’s (Brigg), St Norberts (Crowle), St Mary’s (Grimsby), and St Joseph’s (Cleethorpes)).
Second priority within the criteria will be given to applications from children who will have siblings attending the school at the proposed time of admission.
In the event of oversubscription within any criterion allocation of places will be decided on distance measurements supplied by the Local Authority.
Note: In 2023, although there were more applications than the number of places planned for, all the children were admitted to the school.
Full 2023 admissions policy of the academy [PDF, 354Kb]
Full 2024 admissions policy of the academy [PDF, 456Kb]
If you require these documents in a different format, please contact us. Visit our website accessibility page for more information.