Free books for children from birth to five years
Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library is a 60 volume set of books. It begins with the children’s classic ‘The Tale of Peter Rabbit’ by Beatrix Potter. Each month a new, carefully selected book will be delivered to your home and addressed to your child. Best of all it is a free gift! There is no cost or obligation to your family.
Watch the story of the Imagination Library in North Lincolnshire.
Who is eligible?
The programme has now been launched across the whole of North Lincolnshire. All children from birth to five years who live in North Lincolnshire are eligible to register.
Where can I register?
You can register for the Imagination Library using our online form below:
You can also register:
- at your local children’s centre
- at your local library
- with your health visitor
- at school
- at early years providers
If you have more than one child each child may participate
What do I need to do?
You need to live in North Lincolnshire. Parents or guardians need to complete and submit an official registration form. Books will be sent to the address on the registration form.
If you move please let us know by contacting us on 01724 296652 so we can ensure your child will continue to receive books at their new address.
When will I receive the books?
Eight to 10 weeks after your registration form has been received. Books will start to arrive at your home and will continue until your child turns five or you move away from North Lincolnshire.
Imagination Library feedback
Your feedback is important to us and helps influence the selection of future books. Please leave your feedback by clicking on the link below, alternatively you can call us on 01724 296652.
Peekaboo Moo! is a lovely first lift-the-flap book for babies and young toddlers. Turn each
- Welcome to the Baby Club, where parents, carers and their babies can play, sing and listen
to stories together.
- Sing along with Old McDonald Had A Farm
- Simple games like this help your baby to understand taking turns while they are playing.
Learn more from Small Talk
- Peekaboo Moo! [PDF, 1Mb] ideas sheet.
Mr Magnolia has only one boot. He has an old trumpet that goes rooty-toot – and two lovely
In this wittily rhyming picture book, Mr Magnolia has a full and happy life except for one
- For lots more ideas, activities and resources to help you and your child enjoy sharing Mister
Magnolia together visit Lovemybooks.
- This fun memory game will help your child communicate and solve problems.
- Mister Magnolia [PDF, 893Kb] ideas sheet.
Just imagine what it would be like to be as small as a mouse; or as big as a house. Imagine
This wonderfully inventive and interactive book allows a child to tell their own story, combining
Sign up to receive regular updates on literacy and reading information, news, and events from Words Count and Imagination Library.
As part of a heart-warming new project between The North Lincolnshire Children’s Literacy Trust and The Health Tree Foundation, every baby on Scunthorpe Hospital’s Neonatal Ward will be given literacy gift packs, including a copy of the award-winning book ‘Guess How Much I Love You’, as well as a Singing Together CD and lots of information designed to support families in this crucial early stage of their babies development.
Please leave feedback on the Neonatal Book Gifting Scheme using the link below, or call us on 01724 296652.
- Group 1 – Born in 2019: The Tale of Peter Rabbit
- Group 2 – Born in 2018: All About Me
- Group 3 – Born in 2017: Brown Bear Brown Bear [PDF, 843Kb]
- Group 4 – Born in 2016: Mouse House
- Group 5 – Born in 2015: Give the Dog a Bone [PDF, 1Mb]
- Group 6 – Born in 2014: Mrs Armitage and the Big Wave [PDF, 919Kb]
- Group 1 – Born in 2019: The Tale of Peter Rabbit
- Group 2 – Born in 2018: How to Tuck in your Sleepy Lion [PDF, 1Mb]
- Group 3 – Born in 2017:Busy Farm Group [PDF, 1Mb]
- Group 4 – Born in 2016: Pants [PDF, 699Kb]
- Group 5 – Born in 2015: The Wolf Who Cried Boy!
- Group 6 – Born in 2014: Luna Loves Library Day
- Group 1 – Born in 2019: Eyes, Nose, Toes, Peek a Boo [PDF, 1Mb]
- Group 2 – Born in 2018: Baa, Baa, Black Sheep
- Group 3 – Born in 2017: Sleep Tight Hungry Caterpillar [PDF, 204Kb]
- Group 4 – Born in 2016: Loo Queue [PDF, 1Mb]
- Group 5 – Born in 2015: Plenty of Love to Go Round
- Group 6 – Born in 2014: Alison Hubble
- Group 1 – Born in 2019: My First Words [PDF, 1Mb]
- Group 2 – Born in 2018: Spot Bakes a Cake [PDF, 1Mb]
- Group 3 – Born in 2017: The Very Hungry Caterpillar [PDF, 992Kb]
- Group 4 – Born in 2016: The Magic Porridge Pot
- Group 5 – Born in 2015: When I Grow Up: Builder
- Group 6 – Born in 2014: The Tiny Seed
- Group 1 – Born in 2019: Baby Faces
- Group 2 – Born in 2018: In the Night Garden: 123
- Group 3 – Born in 2017: Shark in the Park On a Windy Day [PDF, 1Mb]
- Group 4 – Born in 2016: Almost Anything [PDF, 1Mb]
- Group 5 – Born in 2015:This is Not a Fairy Tale [PDF, 242Kb]
- Group 6 – Born in 2014: Katie Morag and the Big Boy Cousins
- Group 1 – Born in 2019: How To Bath Your Little Dinosaur [PDF, 1Mb]
- Group 2 – Born in 2018: A Quiet Day in the Jungle
- Group 3 – Born in 2017: The Gingerbread Man [PDF, 1Mb]
- Group 4 – Born in 2016: Follow the Trail: Minibeasts
- Group 5 – Born in 2015: How to Be a Lion
- Group 6 – Born in 2014: Chocolate Cake [PDF, 1Mb]
- Group 1 – Born in 2019: Peekaboo Moo! [PDF, 1Mb]
- Group 2 – Born in 2018: The Very Hungry Caterpillar ABC
- Group 3 – Born in 2017: Mister Magnolia [PDF, 1Mb]
- Group 4 – Born in 2016: Dog Loves Books
- Group 5 – Born in 2015: Chicken Nugget in Scrambled Egg
- Group 6 – Born in 2014: Just Imagine Graduation Book [PDF, 1Mb]
Business Integration Administration (3rd Floor)
Monday to Thursday: 9am to 5pm
Friday: 9am to 4.30pm