Free books for children from birth to five years
Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library is a 60 volume set of books. It begins with the children’s classic ‘The Tale of Peter Rabbit’ by Beatrix Potter. Each month a new, carefully selected book will be delivered to your home and addressed to your child. Best of all it is a free gift! There is no cost or obligation to your family.
Watch the story of the Imagination Library in North Lincolnshire.
Who is eligible?
The programme has now been launched across the whole of North Lincolnshire. All children from birth to five years who live in North Lincolnshire are eligible to register.
Where can I register?
You can register for the Imagination Library using our online form below:
You can also register:
- at your local children’s centre
- at your local library
- with your health visitor
- at school
- at early years providers
If you have more than one child each child may participate
What do I need to do?
You need to live in North Lincolnshire. Parents or guardians need to complete and submit an official registration form. Books will be sent to the address on the registration form.
If you move please let us know by contacting us on 01724 296652 so we can ensure your child will continue to receive books at their new address.
When will I receive the books?
Eight to 10 weeks after your registration form has been received. Books will start to arrive at your home and will continue until your child turns five or you move away from North Lincolnshire.
- Books of the month – November 2018 [PDF, 503Kb]
- Books of the month – October 2018 [PDF, 598Kb]
- Books of the month – September 2018 [PDF, 478Kb]
- Books of the month – August 2018 [PDF, 565Kb]
- Books of the month – July 2018 [PDF, 525 Kb]
- Books of the month – June 2018 [PDF, 504Kb]
- Books of the month – May 2018 [PDF, 525Kb]
- Books of the month – April 2018 [PDF, 504Kb]
- Books of the month – March 2018 [PDF, 538Kb]
- Books of the month – February 2018 [PDF, 535Kb]
- Books of the month – January 2018 – groups 1 to 3 [JPG, 128Kb]
- Books of the month – January 2018 – groups 4 to 6 [JPG, 130Kb]
Sign up to receive regular updates on literacy and reading information, news, and events from Words Count and Imagination Library.
Your feedback is important to us and helps influence the selection of future books. Please leave your feedback by clicking on the link below, alternatively you can call us on 01724 296652.
As part of a heart-warming new project between The North Lincolnshire Children’s Literacy Trust and The Health Tree Foundation, every baby on Scunthorpe Hospital’s Neonatal Ward will be given literacy gift packs, including a copy of the award-winning book ‘Guess How Much I Love You’, as well as a Singing Together CD and lots of information designed to support families in this crucial early stage of their babies development.
Please leave feedback on the Neonatal Book Gifting Scheme using the link below, or call us on 01724 296652.
Telephone: 01724 296652
Early Years Team
Learning and Development Centre
Monday to Thursday: 9am to 5pm
Friday: 9am to 4.30pm