Park home residents across North Lincolnshire are being urged to apply for help with energy costs.
The deadline for two Government support schemes, the Energy Bills Support Scheme Alternative Funding (EBSS AF) and Alternative Fuels Payment (AFP) is 31 May 2023.
Under the EBSS AF scheme, eligible residents can claim a £400 discount on their energy bills.
You may be eligible to apply for the cash if your main home is:
- a residential park home
- on a boat on a permanent residential mooring
- on a permanent Gypsy and Traveller site
- part of a heat network without an electricity meter
- in social or private rented accommodation which has a business energy connection or a communal electricity supply
- off the mains electricity or gas grid
- in a care home or assisted living facility and you pay for some or all of your care (directly or through loss of pension or other benefits)
- in a separate domestic home within a non-domestic property (such as a farmhouse or a flat above a shop.
Find out more about the eligibility criteria or submit your application on the Government portal.
The second of the schemes, the Alternative Fuels Payment, is aimed at households not on the mains gas grid and that use alternative fuels for heating.
A £200 payment is available to those tank or bottled gas, liquid petroleum gas (LPG), oil, wood, and solid fuel.
Find out if you are eligible and apply on the Government website.
Potential applicants are being reminded to be on their guard against fraudulent websites imitating the Government application page.
The Government will never send links to potential applicants inviting them to apply.
Instead, applicants will always be directed to type “Apply for energy bill support if you do not get it automatically” into the search bar on GOV.UK or an internet search engine.
If you cannot apply online or need help with your application, contact the helpline team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0808 175 3287.