A far-sighted prospectus laying out North Lincolnshire Council’s ambition for the environment is now open to consultation from residents.
A Green Future is the council’s vision to unite the county so everyone can take positive action to leave the environment in a better state for future generations.
This will mean boosting productivity and economic growth while reducing carbon emissions.
The prospectus contains eight aims:
- Achieve net zero carbon emissions by 2030
- Work with industry and commerce towards net zero emissions
- Make decarbonisation the foundation of North Lincolnshire’s economic growth
- Deliver sustainable energy and sustainable living
- Minimise waste and use resources more effectively
- Enhance and protect the natural environment
- Ensure everyone feels the benefit of the environment and has a stake in it
- Build a network of residents, businesses, the public sector and non-profit organisations to deliver the aims.
These aims involve projects including planting more trees, setting up ‘friends of’ groups, dealing with litter and environmental crime, prioritising walking, cycling and electric vehicles, minimising waste, building flood-resilient developments, and transferring to sustainable energy sources.
Go to the consultation page of our website to read A Green Future and fill in the survey.