During October half term, Baysgarth Leisure Centre in Barton is running the Royal Life Saving Society (RLSS) National Pool Lifeguard Qualification.
The NPLQ covers all elements of pool rescue techniques, lifeguarding theory, first aid and CPR. The course is physically demanding and will include swimming to set times, lifting casualties and diving to the deepest part of the swimming pool. The assessment for the NPLQ is in three sections and all must be successfully passed to attain the qualification.
The course will take place on:
- Sunday 20 October from 9am to 4pm
- Monday 21 October from 9am to 6pm
- Tuesday 22 October from 9am to 6pm
- Wednesday 23 October from 9am to 5pm
- Thursday 24 October from 9am to 4pm
- Friday 25 October from 9am to 5pm (assessment will take place from 1pm to 5pm)
All candidates must attend every session.
The course will take place at Baysgarth Leisure Centre, Brigg Road, Barton Upon Humber (DN18 5DT) and costs £250, including course material and assessment. The qualification is valid for two years.
Every candidate attending a NPLQ course must be 16-years-old at the time of taking the NPLQ final assessment and be able to:
- Jump/dive into deep water
- Swim 50 metres in less than 60 seconds
- Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water
- Tread water for 30 seconds
Course tutor: Robert Palmer.
Please contact Baysgarth Leisure Centre on 01652 632511 for more information.