Paying your Council Tax

To follow any changes to this service, visit the Council Service Updates page.

Ways to pay your Council Tax bill, support if you’re on a low income, what to do about an unpaid bill and how to contact the North Lincolnshire Council Tax team.

Direct Debit – the quickest and easiest way to pay your Council Tax

Direct Debit is usually the easiest way to pay and you are protected by the Direct Debit Guarantee. Direct Debit ensures regular payments are made on your choice of 1st, 8th, 15th or 22nd day of the month.

You can set up a Direct Debit over the phone. If you are the bank account holder and the bill you want to pay is in your name, telephone us on 0300 3030164 (option 5). Make sure you have your Council Tax Account Reference number from your bill, your bank account details to hand.

If you prefer, you can print out and complete a Direct Debit instruction [PDF, 53Kb] and return it to the address on the form, or email it to counciltax@northlincs.gov.uk

You can make a payment online, using a debit or credit card. You will need your Council Tax Account Reference number from your bill.

Type in the amount you want or need to pay before making the payment.

Consider setting up a regular Direct Debit payment instead.

Call 0300 3031014 (option 1) to pay.  This line is available to make payments 24 hours a day.

You can pay over the telephone using a debit or credit card. You will need your Account Reference number from your bill.

For online banking and standing orders, our details are:

  • bank account number 83416593
  • sort code 20-76-30 (Barclays Bank)

Please quote your Council Tax account number. If paying by standing order, please make sure your payment reaches us by the instalment date shown on your bill so we don’t send you a reminder.

You can pay by cash or debit card at any Post Office or by cash at any PayPoint outlet at no additional cost. You will need your barcoded bill and your payment. If you need a replacement barcoded bill please call us on 0300 3030164 (option 5).

Please keep your receipts when using this pay method in case there is a query later in the financial year.

A full list of Paypoint outlets can be found at Allpay. They will not be able to accept payment without your bill.

Your self-service portal is available 24 hours a day, giving you more control.  You can make a payment, see your balance, check your adjustments, apply for benefit, discounts and exemptions.

Council Tax Support

You can apply to get money off your Council Tax bill if you are on a low income or claiming benefits.

You only need to fill in one form to apply for both Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support together.

If you just want to claim either Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support, then this is still the form you need to use.

Visit our Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support page which explains how to submit an application form and the supporting evidence you will need.

The amount of support will depend on the income and circumstances of each individual.

Each year our Council Tax Support Scheme is reviewed. Claims are restricted to a maximum of a Band B charge. This means that if you live in a property rated as Band C or above, your will claim will be assessed against the charge for a Band B property in your area.

Contact us about Council Tax

You can contact us Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm.

0300 3030164

You can write to us at:
Council Tax,
Hewson House,
Station Road,
North Lincolnshire
DN20 8XB