Tell us about a change

How to inform the council about a change to your circumstances – including change of address, change of tenant and single person discount.

Changes you should let us know about

Tell us as soon as possible if your household or circumstances have changed, or if you have moved house.

Any change of circumstances, which may affect your liability in relation to Council Tax must be notified to us within 21 days.  You can tell us about a change in your circumstances or apply for a discount or exemption by completing one of our online forms below.

If you do not know your Council Tax Account Reference number, you can still complete the forms, leaving the Account Reference number question blank.

Council Tax refund scams

Beware of Council Tax refund scams. We will never contact you via email or text message about a refund.

Our online forms

If the change in your circumstances is relating to a change of address, or you wish to apply for a discount, please select the correct link below:

Change of address

If you have moved house, or wish to register for the first time in our area, please use the Change of Address form below.

Change of circumstance

If you have had a name change or change in your household, please use the Change of Circumstance form below.

Change of tenant or ownership

If you are a landlord or their agent, tell us about a change of tenant at the property or change of ownership. (Please note this form should only be completed by a landlord or their agent)

Single person discount

If you wish to apply or cancel Single Person Discount, please use the forms below.

Register to vote from your new address

If you change your address, you will need to register to vote at your new address.

Contacting us about Council Tax, Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction

You can apply for any other Council Tax discount or exemption online. Alternatively, you can contact us: