If there is information missing from your application we will contact you to request the missing information, usually by email. Any additional information requested must be returned by the funding wave closing date. Please be aware that due to the quick turnaround between closing dates and our board meeting, we are unable to consider late applications. Instead these will be carried over to the next wave, where this is possible.
The Safer Communities grant should not be applied for in respect of the following:
- Groups who cannot demonstrate evidence of their own fund raising efforts or contribution to the project detailed in the application
- Projects to premises used solely as places of worship (projects benefitting the wider community and partnership endeavours are eligible to apply)
- Retrospective applications, for example to reimburse money already spent
- Schools and colleges
- Political groups or groups promoting political activities
- Groups or organisations where the majority of the membership live outside of North Lincolnshire Council boundaries
- Groups whose activities exclude young people under 18 years
- Grant making bodies applying for funding to redistribute to individuals or groups
- Repair and maintenance projects
- Repairs to damage caused by fire or vandalism
Please note that this list is not exhaustive, if you are unsure of whether your project idea is eligible please contact us on the details below.
Bank accounts – as a partnership we have a responsibility to ensure correct use of public funds, and as such have to ensure we have confidence in the groups applying for funding to manage grants awarded appropriately. With this in mind, we would prefer groups to have a group bank account. The process for obtaining a club/society bank account is a relatively simple one – as a committee you will need to agree two unrelated signatories to authorise payments, fill in a form and present evidence of your ID and address to your chosen bank, along with a copy of your group’s constitution. If your group is unable to hold a bank account please contact us to discuss this before applying.