A special hotline has been set up for people to report suspected fraud. Trained staff will answer your calls during office hours. Outside these hours you can leave a recorded message.
You do not have to give your name.
Contact us if you see or hear of anyone who is:
- Getting money from the council that they are not entitled to – this could be payments for contracts, supplies, grants, benefits or salaries
- Stealing or misusing council stores, equipment, vehicles or buildings
The following information will help us to investigate fraud:
- name, address and description of the person you are reporting
- type of fraud you think they are committing and how long it has been going on
- where they work
- what times of the day they work
- if they have a car or not
- what type of car, colour and registration number
- The name and description of person living with them (in respect of suspected benefit fraud or single resident discount fraud) including any distinctive features, for example, glasses
Please give as much information as you can
We will look into all reported incidents thoroughly and take appropriate action.
You will still also be able to report your concerns through the usual channels, for example by contacting a councillor or the external auditor.
Monday to Thursday: 9am to 5pm
Friday: 9am to 4.30pm