Public rights of way – current public notices

Notices of changes to definitive maps, definitive map modifications, landowner deposits and orders with the secretary of state.

  • Public rights of way are recorded in the Definitive Map and Statement.
  • We must keep this up to date by means of legal orders known as Definitive Map Modifications.
  • A public notice must be advertised when certain orders to modify the Definitive Map are made.
  • You are able to make an objection if you do not agree with the order.  Details of how to do this are contained within the notice.
  • If objections are received and not withdrawn, they will be sent to the Secretary of State to be dealt with by written representations, public hearing, or public inquiry.

Please contact us for more information.

Notice of change – Definitive Map Modification

Notification of confirmation of a legal order modifying the statutory record of public rights of way, known as the definitive map, so as to alter what is currently shown as a footpath to a bridleway instead.

Notice of Landowner deposits

  • CA17 Grange Farm, E Halton [PDF, 386Kb] notice of a statutory declaration made under section 31(6) of the Highways Act 1980 in respect of land at Grange Farm, Skitter Lane, East Halton, to rebut claims for public rights of way accruing as of right during the time since the deposit of the map and statement to which the declaration relates was deposited in May 2006.

Currently Advertised Public Notices


Orders currently with the Secretary of State: