From Saturday 1 June, champions across communities in North Lincolnshire can be nominated for a 2019 Community Champion Award.
The 2019 Community Champion Awards are set to take place on Thursday 28 November at The Baths Hall in Scunthorpe.
Now in its eighth year, the Community Champion Awards continue to recognise unsung heroes in communities across North Lincolnshire. Over 150 awards have been received by worthy winners.
Do you know an individual or group that deserves a North Lincolnshire Community Champion Award? Make sure they get the recognition they deserve.
There are 23 awards up for grabs.
- Young Volunteer of the Year
- Adult Male Volunteer of the Year
- Adult Female Volunteer of the Year
- Anti-Bullying Champion
- Personal Courage
- Sports Achiever of the Year
- Young Sports Achiever of the Year
- Young Arts Heritage Achiever of the Year
- Adults Arts Heritage Achiever of the Year
- Outstanding Achievement (Young)
- Outstanding Achievement (Adult)
- Community Champion of the Year
- Outstanding Contribution to a Safer Community
- Outstanding Contribution to a Learning Community
- Outstanding Contribution to a Stronger Community
- Community Contribution to Crime Reduction
- Outstanding Contribution to Tourism
- Community Project of the Year
- Community Sports Team of the Year
- Young Carer of the Year
- Adult Carer of the Year
- Act of Bravery
- Lifetime Achievement
Nominate your Community Champions online.
If you are not able to nominate online, call 01724 297000 during office hours or email email@example.com for a form.
The closing date for nominations is 30 September 2019. More details about the Community Champion Awards can be found online.
Cllr John Briggs, Chair of the Community Champions Award Committee, said:
“I am delighted that the Community Champion Awards are now in its eighth year. Each year I am overwhelmed by the outstanding people we have in our communities that go above and beyond to do amazing and selfless things.
“Without the support of our sponsors the Community Champion Awards wouldn’t be the success it is today so I would like to say a big thank you to each and every one of them.
“If you know an individual or group that deserves a Community Champion Award, please make sure you nominate them. Whether it is a personal achievement, inspiration to others, the work they have done in their community or volunteering their services for a good cause, we want to hear from you.”