Applications are now open for the National Graduate Development Programme (NGDP) to start in summer 2020 – with one graduate being taken on at North Lincolnshire Council.
The council has taken part in the scheme for over 10 years, welcoming a diverse range of candidates from different academic disciplines.
Sarah from North Lincolnshire Council NGDP Cohort 20 is currently working in Human Resources, she said:
“I feel incredibly lucky to have North Lincolnshire for my NGDP experience. I knew I was destined to work in a local government environment after an internship at my local district council.
“I have always been quite shy and previously lacked personal confidence. A year into the scheme at North Lincolnshire, I have grown so much as a person and the council has shaped the person I am today.
“Through the council investing in training and development opportunities and vital mentoring, my confidence has grown so much.
“In just over a year, I have worked with our senior leadership team and heads of service on a multitude of diverse and exciting project deliveries across areas, including corporate strategy, democratic services and human resources. I have built a strong portfolio of experience to support management and leadership opportunities in the future.”
The deadline for the graduate scheme is 7 January 2020.
The basic requirements are to hold at least a 2:2 degree in any academic subject.
Graduates already within a workplace or finishing their studies, can apply to the scheme to further their career and get an insight into different sectors.
Why apply and choose North Lincolnshire Council?
- Unlike other councils, North Lincolnshire Council’s National Management Trainees (NMTs) have a strong degree of freedom in selecting placements that suit their skills.
- Graduates have enjoyed a variety of placements within Corporate Strategy, Legal and Democracy, and Adults and Community Wellbeing – plus many more.
- The council offers a fully funded ILM7 in Leadership and Management through the University of Warwick.
- There are opportunities to personally access a range of exciting training and development opportunities.
- You will undertake a variety of different placements that will challenge and lead you to develop key competencies for future management and leadership opportunities.
Find out what other graduates say about working for North Lincolnshire Council at www.northlincs.gov.uk/ngdp.
For more information on the scheme and further requirements, visit the Local Government Association’s (LGA) website at www.local.gov.uk/national-graduate-development-programme/ngdp-candidates/ngdp-application.
Further information on carrying out the graduate scheme with the council is available on the NGDP webpage.