House clearance permit
What is a house clearance permit?
We operate a house clearance permit system for our Household Recycling Centres. This allows residents to assist with family crisis (bereavements) or for urgent need (house moves).
Anyone can apply for a house clearance permit for an address within North Lincolnshire.
House clearance permit holders will be able to take a hire van onto the Household Recycling Centres. No other sign written vehicles (for example, owned by a private individual) will be allowed to apply for a permit.
The permit is only valid for the Household Recycling Centre site requested on the application form.
The permit is valid for two visits within a two week period. House clearances are limited to two applications per North Lincolnshire household per financial year (1 April to 31 March).
Terms and conditions
- House clearances are limited to two applications per North Lincolnshire household per financial year (1 April to 31 March).
- Permits will be processed in five working days.
- A copy of the hire agreement from the vehicle hire company must be shown to the site attendant along with the house clearance permit.
- The permit is in the form of two vouchers. These should be handed to the site attendant on each visit.
- Issue of the permit does not guarantee access to the site. Site attendants have the right to refuse access if they suspect that it is commercial waste.
- If a site user breaches these conditions, we reserve the right to revoke the permit.
- Please separate recyclable items and materials from your waste and place them in the correct containers on site in accordance with site signage and instructions from the site attendants.
- Charges apply for disposal of plasterboard, soil, ceramics, hardcore, rubble and tyres
Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm
Friday 9am to 4.30pm