The debt management framework is for anyone involved in collecting council income where a debt is raised.
Collecting council income
To be a sustainable council we must collect all income that is due.
The Debt Management Framework [PDF, 548Kb] sets out the process and officer responsibilities. It covers:
- General principles
- Principles of enforcement
- Approach specific to sundry debts
- Approach specific to council tax and business rates
- Approach specific to recovery of benefit overpayments
- Approach specific to recovery of debts for Adult Social Care
- Debts owed by council Members and employees
- Enforcement agents & enforcement agent management
- Write offs