Standard accessible toilets do not meet the needs of every person with a disability.
People with profound and multiple learning disabilities, as well people with other physical disabilities such as spinal injuries, muscular dystrophy and multiple sclerosis often need extra facilities to allow them to use the toilets safely and comfortably.
Changing Places toilets are different to standard disabled toilets as they have extra features, special equipment and more space to provide a safe and clean environment for the people who use them.
The extra facilities in Changing Places toilets include:
- A height adjustable bench
- A tracking hoist system or mobile hoist
- Adequate space for a disabled person and up to two carers
- A privacy screen or curtain
Where can I find a Changing Places toilet?
There are Changing Places toilets in North Lincolnshire at:
- Waters’ Edge Visitors Centre, Maltkiln Road, Barton upon Humber DN18 5JR
- Normanby Hall Country Park, Normanby, DN15 9HU
- Brigg Recreational Ground, Wrawby Road, Brigg, DN20 8PJ
- The Angel, Brigg, North Lincolnshire, DN20 8LD
- Ancholme Leisure Centre, Scawby Brook, Brigg, North Lincolnshire, DN20 9JH
- Ashby One, The Link, Ashby, Scunthorpe, DN16 2RY
- Church Square House, 30-40 High Street, Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire, DN15 6NL
More information about Changing Places toilets, including where they can be found nationally, is available on the Changing Places website.