Independent Visitors are volunteers who spend time with a young person they have been matched with. They offer support and friendship which is independent of the professionals involved.
Independent Visitors in North Lincolnshire
- Would you like to make a positive contribution to the life of a young person?
- Are you looking to make a real difference?
- Have you thought of becoming an Independent Visitor?
Independent Visitors are volunteers who build a positive adult-child relationship with a child or
Who can be an Independent Visitor?
Our children and young people come from a diverse range of backgrounds and so were looking
- You can apply via the application form below or contact
- Applications are welcome from anyone aged over 18 with a genuine interest in supporting
children and young people – previous experience is not necessary. Full training will be provided
- References will be required
- Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) full disclosure will be required
- You will be matched to a young person
- You will only be matched to one person at a time
If you are a child or young person in the care of the local authority:
- You can request an Independent Visitor for yourself through your social worker or self-
refer by contacting the Independent Visitors Service on email@example.com
- You will be asked to complete a referral form which gives details of yourself, and what you
do and don’t like to do, so that an Independent Visitor that best matches your interests can be found.