Information about Home First Residential in North Lincolnshire – providing short-term care and reablement.
About Home First Residential
The Home First Residential (Intermediate Care Centre) is part of North Lincolnshire Council’s Adult Social Care support offer. It is located within Sir John Mason House in Winterton. The centre provides time-limited, rehabilitation and reablement support to adults (18 years and over) who reside, or are registered with a GP, in North Lincolnshire.
We aim to provide support to improve mobility and daily living skills which in turn can:
- help prevent unnecessary admission to hospital
- help with timely discharge from hospital
- prevent avoidable admission to long-term residential care – helping you to live in your own home for longer
You may need support after a stay in hospital, or a period of illness, to regain the physical strength and daily living skills needed to restore your independence.
The service can also be accessed if you are unwell and live in the community but would benefit from rehabilitative support in the Home First Residential, to help you to continue to live confidently at home.
Support is tailored specifically to your needs. We provide a uniquely personalised level of therapy and care. This helps speed recovery, improve confidence and get you living as independently as possible in your own home as quickly as possible.
The team includes staff from social care and health services, including occupational therapists, physiotherapists, district nurses and general practitioners. They provide a mixture of social care support and health therapies to help you achieve your goals to live as independently as possible. This may include:
- support to improve mobility and health needs
- help with daily living activities and practical tasks
- building confidence to carry out these activities independently
- support to get back home after a stay at Home First Residential