Around 900 more commercial properties in Scunthorpe will be able to access gigabit broadband thanks to £150,000 of Government cash. The cash is part of the Government’s £27m Town Deal for North Lincolnshire which will help create jobs and grow the economy.
An event for businesses within 200 metres of a new gigabit fibre cable is being held online on Thursday 10 February between 8am and 9am. Businesses that are interested can register at www.northlincs.gov.uk/Gigabitbroadband.
Ultrafast fibre has already been installed in parts of Scunthorpe earlier this year.
Several local businesses have subscribed to the services and are benefiting from the enhanced digital infrastructure already.
Access to Ultrafast fibre will enable businesses to benefit from efficiency improvements and cost savings, through:
• Enable organisational change such as change to business processes.
• Improved online sales and marketing.
• Improved online ordering and invoicing.
• Enhanced video conferencing and VoIP services.
• Improved access to cloud-based services.
• Easier document sharing means businesses become more efficient.
• Productivity also improves as a large number of users can simultaneously use the internet with little to no effect on the overall performance of the broadband connection.
This new government money enabled us to unlock a further £500,000 of private sector investment, to extend the gigabit network into southern parts of Scunthorpe giving around 900 businesses premises access to gigabit broadband speeds.
ITS’ expertise in network design and build means that it is capable of connecting customers to gigabit connectivity far quicker than the industry norm.
This is because it will use a ‘dig once’ approach using public and private infrastructure where appropriate and avoid disruptive road digs and road works, only digging new trenches when absolutely necessary.
The map shows the gigabit fibre spine that runs through the heart of Scunthorpe’s business communities. Any business within 200 metres of this spine can now order full fibre broadband with speeds from 100mb to gigabit. This is now available to 2224 business premises in the Scunthorpe area. The map below shows who can benefit.
To access further information on digital infrastructure and connecting to the internet visit our website.