People will be able to access more libraries services safely, including browsing for books to loan, during September.
From Wednesday 9 September more services at Scunthorpe Central will be available.
Services re-starting include browsing for books to loan, pre-booked study spaces and self-service printing.
Customers will be able to be pre-book one-to-one support from registrars, Action Station and Citizens Advice in person as well as digitally.
Bookable access to computers will resume on 14 September. Current services, such as click and collect for books, will still be available for customers who do not want to browse.
Other libraries offering more services are:
- Baysgarth will be open for browsing and bookable use of computers from Wednesday 16 September.
- Riddings will welcome visitors back to browse and use computers on Thursdays and Tuesdays from 17 September.
- Epworth will have browsing for books available from 18 September.
- Crowle will have browsing and bookable computers available from 21 September.
- From 23 September Winterton will be open in the morning for browsing.
- The mobile library service will resume on 14 September for ready read collections and book returns only.
North Lincolnshire Council have put measures in place to protect visitors and staff. Visitors must wear face coverings, hand sanitiser is available around libraries and an enhanced cleaning programme is in place.
The number of people accessing the buildings will also be limited.
Libraries will be closed between 12 noon and 1pm to allow extra cleaning to take place.
The vast majority of council services have continued during the pandemic, some delivered in different ways.
Some services had to be suspended and the council plans to restore and renew these services to local people when it is safe to do so.
Access to a wide range of free online resources including e-books, digital magazines and newspapers are all available free for library members, go to the libraries section of the North Lincolnshire Council website for more information.
If you’re not a member, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get signed-up.