North Lincolnshire Council have introduced a small fleet of E-Bicycles to trial in North Lincolnshire. These can be hired for a minimum of 2 months and be extended up to 12 months maximum.
If you meet the criteria below and you are successful, you will receive a package which includes an e-bicycle, a charger, a helmet, a lock, lights, hi vis waistcoat and rider training.
Please read our terms and conditions [PDF, 1Mb] before you apply.
View the current cycling routes in North Lincolnshire. Zoom in on the map to see more details.
- you are 16 years or over (if under 18, a parent or guardian must act as guarantor)
- live within North Lincolnshire
- have documentation to prove your age and address
- a firm offer of work, training or college course, for 16 hours a week or more. For a period of not less than 2 months. Or
- already in work, training or attending college for 16 hours or more
- at risk of losing a job or placement due to transport difficulties
- no suitable public transport available
- no personal transport or car share option available
- the length and difficulty of your journey could affect the decision
- no motorways on route
- you can afford to pay the deposit and monthly payments – deposit £40.00 (non refundable) then £40.00 per month by direct debit
- have a bank account that can be used to set up a direct debit
- you can afford the insurance excess if the E-Bicycle is damaged or stolen
- you can secure an E-Bicycle at home away from the public highway; this will be checked before decision taken.