The NGDP is a fast-track graduate programme for bright and passionate individuals who want to make a difference whilst excelling in their own careers. It offers the chance to work directly with communities, and influence policies and plans at a senior level.
Graduates apply via the Local Government Association (LGA) where they complete an assessment process. If successful, they are then matched with a local council in their area of interest.
All graduates hired through the national recruitment campaign will be paid a minimum salary of £25,295 per annum (as at April 2019). Graduates from a variety of backgrounds and areas of study, who have a minimum of 2.2 degree classification, are invited to apply.
For more information about the programme at a national level and the assessment process, visit the LGA website.
Why choose North Lincolnshire Council?
- As a unitary authority North Lincolnshire Council has a wide range of responsibilities, everything from social care, to economic development, waste and public health.
- We are committed to flexible and agile working, which you’ll experience from the start. We believe work is a ‘thing to do’ and not just ‘a place to go’.
- No placement choice is off limits. Tell us which departments you would like to work in and we will do our best to make it happen.
- We want to develop your personal skills and will offer exciting development opportunities in terms of placements, projects and training.
- We champion wellbeing and you’ll receive lots of support from our NGDP Coordinator. We also have a buddy system and will pair you with graduates from previous cohorts to support you in ways which work for you.
- Exciting shadowing opportunities are offered, including mentoring and relationship building from senior leadership; learn from the people who are already in senior positions locally.
- We aim to keep our graduates with us once they have completed the NGDP and have included some of these success stories in the case studies below.We have been involved in the NGDP since 2006. Several former National Management Trainees (NMTs) continue to work for us in management positions.
- Our main buildings are based in the centres of Scunthorpe and Brigg, with free staff parking and close to a range of shops and amenities.
- North Lincolnshire has excellent connections to Yorkshire and the Humber, as well as the East Midlands and further afield. Travel times can be as little as:
- Sheffield 1 hour by car or train
- Leeds 1 hour by car
- Hull 45 minutes by car
- Lincoln 45 minutes by car
- Manchester 2 hours by train, 2 hours and 20 minutes by car
- London 2 hours and 20 minutes by train