Personal Licence

Who needs to apply?

In accordance with the Licensing Act 2003, every sale of alcohol that takes place under a premises licence must be made or authorised by a personal licence holder. A premises licensed for the sale of alcohol must also specify a personal licence holder as the Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) for that premises before such sales can take place. A personal licence holder may also apply for more Temporary Event Notices in a given calendar year.

You can apply for a grant application for a personal licence with corresponding disclosure form and make any changes to your current licence, for example a change of name and/or address, using the forms below.

There is no requirement to renew a personal licence.

Downloadable application forms

There are a number of requirements when applying for a grant application.

You must:

  • Be at least 18 years old.
  • Be entitled to work in the UK.
  • Have a licensing qualification accredited by the Secretary of State (or one that is certified as such).
  • Have a completed disclosure of criminal convictions and declaration form. The disclosure certificate should be no more than one month old when you give your application to the relevant licensing authority. The disclosure certificate can be obtained from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
  • Not have had a personal licence forfeited within five years of your application.
  • Apply on the correct form (above) to North Lincolnshire Council.
  • Provide two photographs of yourself. One of the photographs must be endorsed to say it is a true likeness of you. A solicitor or notary, a person of standing in the community or any individual with a professional qualification can do this.
  • Enclose the appropriate fee of £37 and forward with all the documents to the council’s Licensing Department.

Additional information for applicants

  • If your personal licence is lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed you may apply to the relevant licensing authority for a copy of the licence. You do not need to report the loss to the police. There may be a fee payable for a replacement licence.
  • You must notify the licensing authority of any changes in name or address as soon as possible.
  • This licence must be produced on demand to a constable or authorised officer, who must produce evidence of their authority to see it.
  • If you appear before a court for a relevant criminal offence you must produce this licence to the court on or before your first appearance.
  • You must notify the licensing authority in writing as soon as possible after being convicted of any relevant criminal offence or foreign offence.
  • It is an offence to fail to comply with the requirements in the notes above without a reasonable excuse.
  • More information is available from the council’s licensing department.

Tel: 01724 297750

Licensing Department
PO Box 42
Church Square House
DN15 6XQ

Monday to Thursday
9:00 am – 12.30 pm & 2:00 pm – 4.30 pm

9:00 am – 12.30 pm & 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm