Independent Visitors Service
Do you have a few hours to spare each month?
Would you like to make a positive contribution to the life of a young person?
Are you looking to make a real difference?
Have you thought of becoming an Independent Visitor?
Independent Visitors in North Lincolnshire
Independent Visitors are volunteers who build a positive adult-child relationship with a child or
Who can be an Independent Visitor?
Our children and young people come from a diverse range of backgrounds and so were looking
- You can apply via the application form below or contact
- Applications are welcome from anyone aged over 18 with a genuine interest in supporting
children and young people – previous experience is not necessary Full training will be provided
- References will be required
- Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) full disclosure will be required
- You will be matched to a young person
- You will only be matched to one person at a time
If you are a child or young person in the care of the local authority:
- You can request and Independent Visitor for yourself through your social worker or self-
refer by contacting the Independent Visitors Service by email email@example.com
- You will be asked to complete a referral form, which gives details of yourself and what you
do and don’t like to do so that an Independent Visitor that best matches your interests can be found.
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Contact Centre
Monday to Thursday: 8am to 9pm
Friday: 8am to 5pm