Scunthorpe and District Local Link
Scunthorpe and District Local Link will continue their Saturday service, 9am to 12 noon, at the Central Library at their temporary home in The Base until the main Central Library building opens again in Spring 2018.
We have eight Local Link offices:
We also offers a HomeLink service. HomeLink staff can visit you in your home if you can't get to one of the Local Link offices.
Our Local Links: what they offer you
- They bring all council services together in one place - from benefits to bus passes, from housing to childcare and from planning to skip hire. You will have easy access to all that the council provides. PLEASE NOTE: services will vary from site to site, so please check in advance that we are able to help you by emailing or telephoning prior to your visit.
- They give you the opportunity to talk to your council and take part in decision making by commenting on new proposals and initiatives.
- They act as a gateway to other non-council services, such as health advice and the Pension Service. A number of organisations hold regular surgeries at Local Link offices.
Come along and speak to friendly, trained staff who will be able to help you with any enquiry or problem by:
- Giving you information and advice
- Listening to the issues that affect you
- Finding the right form to apply for a service or benefit and explaining what digital support is available
- Putting you in touch with your councillor or local Member of Parliament
- Enrolling you on an adult education course
- Introducing you to a relevant partner organisation that will be able to help, depending on your individual needs
Please note: if you call into one of our offices in person with an enquiry about benefits, you will receive our triage service. This means that you will be given information about who to contact, where to find online forms and where there may be digital support available to assist you with an online form, such as your local library.