To contribute to the development of good quality Services to Adults in North Lincolnshire using citizen voice to influence change.
The Expert by Experience Group brings together unpaid volunteers who have had experience of using or caring for someone who use Services to Adults. Experts by Experience members, known as Quality Ambassadors, work with North Lincolnshire Council and its partners on request to improve the quality of local services. Quality Ambassadors can help in lots of ways such as care home visits, taking part in consultations, mystery shopping, helping to develop new ways of working, improving information or writing for newsletters or websites.
Aims of the Expert by Experience Group
To pledge to:
- Speak up to improve the way that services are organised and delivered
- Influence and inform colleagues
- Listen to and understand the views and experiences of citizens and where appropriate act as a conduit for information available to the general public
- Act as a good role model by treating other people with respect
Quality Ambassadors will do this by taking part in processes used to monitor the quality of services provided to the general public by North Lincolnshire Council and others. The Group will work with services to develop and improve information and quality by challenging discriminatory attitudes, behaviours and assumptions appropriately.
The Group will consist of adults who have had experience of adult social care in North Lincolnshire or in caring for someone. There is no limit to the number of Members, but the number must be manageable.
Recruitment will be targeted to ensure the membership of the group is representative, as far as possible.
Roles and responsibilities
- Adhere to this Terms of Reference
- Make it a priority to attend a majority of the monthly meetings.
Frequency of meetings
Members will be encouraged to meet regularly on a monthly basis. Attendance at meetings is not obligatory. Members will be asked to offer as much or as little time to the program as they can. There will be additional meetings and short pieces of work for Members to get involved in if they choose.
Meetings and support arrangements
- Monthly update meetings will be flexible, and will be held on a date and at a venue convenient to Members.
- The Experts by Experience team will facilitate the group’s activities, keeping a record of all meetings and work. The format and content of the monthly update meeting will be developed by the group. Any member may request that an item be added to the agenda by informing the Group Co-ordinator no later than 10 days before the meeting.
- Minutes will be produced within 10 working days of the meeting. If you would like a copy of the minutes please contact us.
- When items are raised by Members, after an initial discussion about the issue, the group will decide if the item is to be taken away by a relevant professional for investigation (and if necessary, escalation within the appropriate forum). A response will be reported at the next meeting
- Professionals will advise the group of relevant training, standards and regulations that affect the work of the Quality Ambassador
- The group co-ordinator will support Members and act as a conduit to the council and wider partners where appropriate.
- Governance arrangements for the Expert by Experience Group will be through the Adult Partnership.
Funding and resources
Reasonable travel expenses will be payable to carer members using their own cars/public transport to attend meetings and other activities. Claims should be made in a timely manner at the end of each month by completing a claim form available from the Group Co-ordinator.
Receipts/tickets for out of pocket items (for example car parking) must be attached. All claims must be countersigned by a staff member with appropriate authority (team manager or above) from the Experts by Experience team.
Reimbursement will be paid in line with North Lincolnshire Council Policy and Procedure Review*.
The terms of reference and membership will be reviewed on an annual basis.