Adoption in North Lincolnshire
Time to adopt? Time to talk to us!
North Lincolnshire is looking for adoptive parents. We are looking for people who can make a real difference to the children we care for. Do you think you are who we are looking for?
We know that making the decision to adopt is one of the biggest steps that anyone can take but it is also one of the most rewarding. We would like to hear from people who can offer time, commitment, patience and a loving and stable home. There is no such thing as a ‘typical’ adopter and we want people who have different experiences and different things to offer. This is to reflect the various different ages and needs of the children we are family finding for.
We welcome all applicants over the age of 21 years including married couples, couples living together in a stable relationship, same sex couples living together or in a civil partnership and single applicants.
We welcome interest from those who live in North Lincolnshire and from those who live outside of North Lincolnshire. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, class, culture, disability, race or sexual orientation.
If you are interested in finding out more about being an adoptive parent please:
- Take a look at our short film about adopting in North Lincolnshire
- Complete the online adoption enquiries form
- Come along to our adoption information evenings
- Contact us directly and request an information pack
Whichever way you choose to get in touch, our Adoption team will provide further information about the process.
We are a small, experienced and dedicated Adoption team who work hard to provide the best possible service that we can. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Tell us what you think
We are always looking for feedback about our services. We use this feedback to develop. Let us know what you think by completing our online consultation form.
What Ofsted thinks about adoption in North Lincolnshire
Ofsted regulates the Adoption Service and carries out inspections to assess that we are meeting the Adoption National Minimum Standards 2014 (England) and Adoption Regulations 2013 (England).
We proudly hold an ‘Outstanding’ judgement from our last inspection in 2017.
You can read the Ofsted report on the Ofsted website and see for yourself!
- Adoption file access
- Adoption news and events
- Adoption passport
- Adoption process
- Adoption support
- Book Box Loan Scheme
- Common misconceptions about adoption
- Help and support for birth families
- Intercountry adoption
- Meet the adopters
- Pupil Premium for children adopted from care
- Special guardianship order
- Step parent adoptions or other non- agency adoptions
- AT-ID website – made by adopted teens for adopted teens
- PAK-UK: Agency for adoption and permanency support
- The British Association for Adoption and Fostering website
- The Adoption UK website
- The Adoption Organisation website
- The Office for Standards in Education, Children’s Services and Skills (Ofsted) website
- Adopt For North Lincs booklet [PDF, 1Mb]
- Adoption The Person Behind the phone call [PDF, 256Kb]
- Fostering for Adoption Carers leaflet [PDF, 602Kb]
- The Adoption Passport [PDF, 168Kb]
- Statement of Purpose Adoption 2018 – 19 [PDF, 1Mb]
- Young Person’s Statement of Purpose Adoption 2018 – 19 [PDF, 983Kb]
Monday to Thursday: 9am to 5pm
Friday: 9am to 4.30pm