Have you thought about a change in career? Could you inspire the next generation?
Applications are open to train to teach in North Lincolnshire through the North Lincolnshire SCITT (School Centred Initial Teacher Training) Partnership.
Now everyone is adapting to living with Covid and planning for the future, have you thought about a career in teaching and making a difference?
The partnership offers bespoke, high-quality, full-time, school-based teacher training programmes for those interested in training to become either primary or secondary teachers.
Delivered in partnership with schools and academies across North Lincolnshire, with central training sessions at University Campus North Lincolnshire (UCNL) in Scunthorpe, all participants benefit from expert tuition and support provided by dedicated mentors and professional tutors.
With the bulk of time spent in school, trainees have many opportunities to develop their teaching skills, putting into practise the theory learnt in central training. The long placements are ideal in enabling trainees to establish highly effective relationships with the children, their families, and communities. Trainees are fully immersed in the wider life of the school.
Both primary and secondary programmes follow the school academic year, starting in September and running until the end of June. At this point, trainees look forward to receiving Qualified Teacher Status along with the award of a Post Graduate Certificate in Education.
Key elements of the training include:
- A core Professional Studies Programme, delivered locally at the centrally based venue within UCNL in Scunthorpe
- A fully integrated academic module at Master’s level of study, leading to a Post Graduate Certificate in Education
- High quality school placements to acquire subject and pedagogical understanding
- Opportunities to observe the best practice in a variety of subjects in leading schools across North Lincolnshire
- High quality training provided by specialist teachers, trainers and senior school staff
- Excellent support and guidance from expert mentors who provide clear and informative feedback as part of the ongoing assessment
The support and excellent training that trainees can expect when following the programmes ensures that trainees are fully ready and prepared to take up their first teaching posts. Successful trainees have an excellent chance of securing their first teaching post, with over 95 per cent of the 2020/2021 cohort now employed in a teaching role in North Lincolnshire.
You can apply for the training courses starting in September 2022 for places on the primary (5 to 11) programme or for those wanting to follow the secondary (11 to 16) programme, in English, mathematics, chemistry, physics and geography. If finance is potentially a concern, support is available to cover the tuition fees.
For further information, including how to apply, go to the train to teach page.