North Lincolnshire Council’s Children’s Centres team have collated a list of helpful tips and ideas to keep children happy and engaged at home.
It’s important parents don’t put too much pressure on themselves, and to remember that when young children are at school they have regular breaks and hands-on learning and play.
Useful tips include:
- YouTube, TV and Facebook have a great programme of activities. Every weekday at 9am you can join in with fun P.E. workouts with The Body Coach, Joe Wicks. Watch Body Coach TV on YouTube. At 11am it’s story time with bestselling author David Walliams. Listen to his free audio story at The World of David Williams website. Get active at 1.30pm and dance along with familiar faces on the Diverse Dance Mix Facebook page.
- Scawby based CeCe’s are posting a daily recipe to make with your children. Find out more and share your results at the CeCe’s Cakes Facebook page.
- It’s important to take time to look after physical and mental wellbeing while social distancing. Reduce anxiety and take part in Yoga by visiting the Creative Therapy for Children and Young People Facebook page.
- Keep healthy in the great indoors with Disney inspired games. Find the activities at the Change 4 Life website.
- Some children may need reassuring about coronavirus. Read the multi-lingual e-book at the Mind Heart website.
- Mind have published some information that could help your wellbeing. Read this at the Coronavirus and your wellbeing page at the Mind website.
Keyworkers in need of childcare for under-fives can call North Lincolnshire Family Information Service on 01724 297000.
Children’s Centres support is always available for information, advice and guidance. Please email email@example.com