Have you ever thought about a career in teaching?
Applications are open for a high-quality, full-time, school-based teacher training programme, with North Lincolnshire SCITT (School Centred Initial Teacher Training) Partnership, for those interested in becoming either a primary or secondary school teacher.
Both programmes are delivered in partnership with schools and academies across North Lincolnshire and follow the school academic year, starting in September and running until the end of June.
Key elements of the North Lincolnshire SCITT (School Centred Initial Teacher Training) Partnership training include:
• A core Professional Studies Programme, delivered locally at the centrally based venue within UCNL in Scunthorpe
• A fully integrated academic module at a Master’s level of study, leading to a Post Graduate Certificate in Education
• High quality school placements to acquire subject expertise and an understanding of the different methods and practises of being a teacher
• Opportunities to observe the best practice in a variety of subjects in leading schools across North Lincolnshire
• High quality training provided by specialist teachers, trainers and senior school staff
• Excellent support and guidance from expert mentors who provide clear and informative feedback as part of the ongoing assessment
Trainees spend a vast amount of time in a school, which provides them with the opportunities to develop their teaching skills and put into practise the theory learnt in central training. The long placements are ideal in enabling trainees to establish highly effective relationships with the children, their families, and communities. Trainees are fully immersed in the wider life of the school.
The support and excellent training that trainees can expect when following the programmes ensures that trainees are fully ready and prepared to take up their first teaching posts.
People can apply now for a place on the September 2024 training programmes with places available on both the primary (5 to 11) and secondary (11 to 16) programmes.
If finance is potentially a concern, support could be available to cover the tuition fees.
If you have a passion to teach and could inspire the next generation, visit the North Lincolnshire Council website, and start your teaching career journey today.