Information about how eligible primary and secondary age pupils can access the Fuelled activities during the school holidays
Fuelled – holiday activities and food programme
How to register for the Fuelled HAF Programme
The majority of our activities can be booked by using our Fuelled Booking Portal. There are other providers of activities that you need to book with directly. Information about how to book onto their activities are below.
Registration for our booking portal is open throughout the year. Each eligible child should have received a letter with a unique code and information on how to register. In order for you to create an account on our portal you will need the unique code which is at the start of your letter. If you have not received a letter then you can email us to let us know. Details on how to obtain your code is in the FAQ’s below. To access the registration page click the button below.
Bookings will open for Easter 2023 in March
Bookings are not currently open, but you can head over to your account any time to update your details by clicking here.
Activity Providers for 2023
We are currently securing providers for Easter 2023, this section will be available when bookings go live.
Types of activities
There are three different types of activities you can choose from. The types are:
- Daily Activities – These are typically four hours long and provide a range of different activities each day. Some sessions may be longer, some may be the same activity each time. You can book onto up to four daily activities each week and you can either book the same providers or mix and match between different providers.
- Weekly Camps – These activities often have a theme running throughout and tend to run for four/five days each week. If you book your child/young person onto this then you must intend to attend every session of that week. This is for a number of reasons, it may be that you are putting a play together which will be performed on the last day or it may be a leadership course which you must attend every day in order to pass.
- Family Workshops – These are sessions that for children to attend with a parent/carer. Children must be accompanied by an adult and the activities will be created to encourage families to have fun together.
Sign up to the Fuelled newsletter
If you would like us to keep you informed of upcoming activities and events, please sign up to our newsletter.
The Department for Education have provided a grant for North Lincolnshire Council to deliver the Fuelled Holiday, Activity and Food (HAF) programme to young people eligible for benefits related free school meals. During the Easter, summer and winter school holidays over 40 providers will be offering a range of free activities for eligible young children across North Lincolnshire.
All Fuelled activities will provide young people with the opportunity to get involved in physical activity and everyone will be provided with a free healthy meal at each activity.
Your child is eligible for the Fuelled HAF programme if all these statements apply:
- your child is eligible for benefit assessed free school meals (FSM)
- your child lives in North Lincolnshire
- your child is aged between 5 and 16 years.
The Fuelled HAF Programme offers eligible young people access to fun, free and engaging activities during the 3 main school holidays. There is all sorts on offer from football, dance, horse riding, beatboxing and more.
All activities are free to book onto and they will include a range of physical activities and a free healthy meal.
Children can be booked onto 4 daily activities per week or 1 weekly camp per week.
As a result of this programme, we want children who attend this provision to:
- Eat healthily over the school holidays
- Be active during the school holidays
- Take part in engaging and enriching activities which support the development of resilience, character and wellbeing along with their wider educational attainment
- Be safe and not to be socially isolated
- Have a greater knowledge of health and nutrition
- Be more engaged with school and other local services
We also want to ensure that the families who participate in this programme:
- Develop their understanding of nutrition and food budgeting
- Are signposted towards other information and support, for example, health, employment, and education
If you believe your child/ren is eligible for the Fuelled programme but have not received their unique code, or you have lost your code for any reason, please contact the Fuelled team by emailing email@example.com or calling 01724 297270 (Monday to Friday, 10:00am to 4:00pm) and provide the following information:
- Your child’s name
- Your child’s date of birth
- Your child’s address
- Your child’s school
When we have confirmed eligibility we will email you your unique reference number.
If you book using our booking portal, you will receive an email confirmation of your chid/ren’s booking.
If you have any queries and want to get in touch then please contact the provider using the contact details on your booking confirmation or get in touch with the Fuelled team using the contact details at the bottom of this page.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 allows us to hold information about children and families as part of our duty to support families.
However, the law says we must:
- only hold information that we need for the delivery of the programme
- only use the information for that reason
- make sure the information we hold is accurate
- keep the information only for as long as it is needed
- make sure we only use the information lawfully and not breach your rights as the owner of this information
- keep the information secure at all times.
We will need to share information about your child with the organisation who are providing the activities your child is booking to ensure that they can effectively deliver their activities as part of the programme.
Please read our Fuelled privacy statement.
The booking portal allows you to edit your contact details and information about yourself or your child. If you are unable to do this then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will support you with this.
All activities are aimed to be inclusive of every child’s needs. There are however a couple of activities that are specific to children with SEND. If this is the case then they will be marked as SEND only or SEND inclusive on the booking portal. You can use the filters to filter to activities that have been highlighted this way. Each activity provides a description of what the activity will consist of and what your child can expect which will help you to determine whether the activity meets your child’s needs. Please book your child onto activities that you feel will meet their interest and ability.
The activity provider may be in touch with you to further understand your child’s need and discuss any additional support your child may need to engage in the activity they booked onto. If you wish to discuss your child’s needs with the provider then you can also contact them directly.
Contact us to discuss any worries or if you feel that none of the activities are suitable for your child to take part in. We are working closely with our colleagues who coordinate short break provision for children with disabilities to explore alternative offers.
If you would like to contact us about this then please email email@example.com and we will be in touch.