The Homelessness and Rough Sleeping Strategy 2019 – 2024 [PDF, 445Kb] sets out a new approach to ensure we fully understand homelessness – not just as a social issue to be viewed in isolation, but where the individual and their environments are at the centre of that understanding.
The Strategy outlines six main priorities:
- Greater understanding of the causes of rough sleeping with year on year reductions of the sleeping rough in North Lincolnshire. No-one sleeping rough by 2027.
- Earlier interventions to prevent homelessness.
- Provision of a wide range of appropriate, suitable accommodation for people who are homeless.
- Providing targeted support focussing on tenancy related issues.
- Maintaining and developing partnership working.
- Improving health, wellbeing and resilience of our communities.
Action plans for each of the above priorities are currently in development.
The priorities outlined in the Strategy have resulted from reviewing a number of evidence base documents including consultation with partner organisations.