Find out how to let us know about any changes that may affect your council tax support.
What to do if your circumstances change
If you are claiming housing benefit or a council tax support, you should tell us as soon as possible if you, or anyone you live with, has any of the changes of circumstance listed below:
- A change of address
- Someone moving in with you
- Income changes (including wages, pensions, benefits, maintenance)
- Changes to savings and investments
- Income Support or Jobseeker’s Allowance starting or stopping
- A change from Jobseeker’s Allowance (contribution-based) to Jobseeker’s Allowance (income-based)
- A dependent child leaving full-time education
- Rent changes (for housing benefit claims only)
- Going abroad or being away from home for more than two weeks
You must tell us within one calendar month of a change happening, or you may lose some of your entitlement and we may pay you the wrong amount. If we pay you too much, you will have to pay this back.
How to report a change of circumstance
To tell us about changes in your circumstances use our online form: