1. Leave the bus shelter, heading along Church Street towards St.Andrew’s Church, but take the first right into and along Middle Street.
2. At the road junction turn left, shortly cross the road, turning right into and along the Long Lane.
3. Passing the racing stables on the right, at the end of the tarmac lane follow the public footpath sign into and through a belt of trees for over a mile.
4. At the end of the tree belt, a gate leads into a paddock, cross and through another gate, bearing diagonally right to a gate at a lane corner.
5. Once in the lane, bear left towards Hemswell. On reaching houses, bear right to a road corner (junction of Dawnhill Lane and Brook Street).
6. Turn left along Dawnhill Lane to the end at a road junction.
7. Turn right into Church Street, proceeding to the Maypole at Maypole Street.
8. Turn right into Maypole Street.
9. At the end of Maypole Street, bend right along Brook Street to the junction at Dawnhill Lane, retracing your steps to point five. Turn left onto the lane/track known as Southfield Lane. Follow this to its junction with Corringham Road at Willoughton.
10. At the road junction go straight on along Templefield Road, past the Stirrup Inn and back to the start.