[ skip to content]
From M180 Junction 4 head towards the Scunthorpe, Broughton, Brigg roundabout on the A18. Follow the A18 towards Brigg.
Take the first right signposted Scawby. As you enter the village turn left into Church Street. Park Lane immediately before The Blacksmith Forge is the start. Park considerately along Church Street.
1. Walk down Park Lane and enter the parkland via a quaint turnstile and follow the path diagonally to the right.
2. Cross the stile and walk ahead.
3. Cross the second stile and follow the obvious route into the field corner.
4. Leave the park by a similar quaint turnstile onto the roadside there is a footpath and we turn right here alongside the B1206 which goes to Hibaldstow.
5. Shortly after passing a road on the left hand side marked Power Station (locals remember this as Brigg Sugar Beet Factory) we turn right at a road junction. This is Brigg Road and take us back into Scawby village and to our starting point.
The area is flat following a parkland path between points one and four and surfaced footpath and pavements alongside the roads. There are two stiles to cross.
About one hour at a leisurely pace.
The Sutton Arms in West Street, Scawby 01652 652430.
OS Explorer 281 Ancholme Valley.
You can also download a PDF version of the route: