[ skip to content]
St Hybald’s Church on Church Street, Hibaldstow.
1. Leave the church walking up Church Street to the main road, turning left along Redbourne Road along the pavement passing point eight from walk one.
2. Leave the village behind, turning left onto the lane signposted Hibaldstow Bridge, this is South Carr Road, a quiet surfaced lane.
3. Take the first surfaced lane to the left, this is known as Cross Carr Road, and continue past fishing ponds on your right to where the lane bends left over a bridge.
4. Take this lane (Ings Lane) back towards the village.
5. Cross East Street, with the church on your left, go round the bend to your starting point.
This area is flat and on surfaced lanes and pavements - a good alternative to Hibaldstow walk one if the weather is wet. The lanes are quiet and probably suitable for pushchairs or wheelchairs. This walk is less interesting than Hibaldstow walk one.
Allow between an hour and an hour and a half to complete the walk at a leisurely pace.
The Wheatsheaf Inn on Station Road, Hibaldstow 01652 658380.
The Station Fish Bar.
OS Explorer 281 Ancholme Valley.
You can also download a PDF version of the route: