1. Leave the church walking down Barnside and turn right into Beckside.
2. Where the road bends right into East Street, go straight on along an unsurfaced lane with an old mill stream on your right.
3. Just before the mill, bear left onto a footpath crossing the field diagonally, following the right hand side of the next field, crossing one more field to a large dyke known as Catchwater Drain, keep this on your right until you reach a lane.
4. Turn right here into Carr Lane.
5. Just after passing a poultry farm on your left, turn right along a green lane walking with a deep drain on your right – ‘Low drain’.
6. On reaching the surfaced lane at a bend, turn right into Ings Lane.
7. Just before the church turn left into East Street, following it round to the main road.
8. Turn right and very soon right again into Church Street going back to the church.