1. Leave the car park along an estate road into a large courtyard, here is a café on the left and stables on the right. Go through this courtyard in the same direction and into parkland. Turn right onto a wide gravel estate road, walking with a walled garden on your right. Ahead are large wrought iron gates with a smaller gate on the right.
2. Go through this gate to see a road junction with a mini-roundabout.
a) If you are doing the the 2.25 mile or 3.5 mile walks turn left here, crossing the road with the footpath on the other side.
b) If you are doing the 2.5 mile walk, cross the road heading into Normanby rejoining the other walkers at point six.
3. When you reach the first fingerpost on your right, turn right on a good track with a hedge on the right for much of the way.
4. When reaching a T-junction, turn right on another good wide track which bends to the right and approaches Little Normanby Farm, an estate farm with stables.
5. Take the track which goes round to the left and winds its way to the Burton/Normanby Road.
6. Cross the road carefully here to the footpath on the other side.
a) If you are doing the 2.25 mile walk, turn right here and walk through Normanby to the mini-roundabout and rejoin the outward route.
b) Turn left here for the longer walk following the footpath to the outskirts of Burton.
7. Look for Wiltshire Avenue on the right and follow it for about 50 yards looking for a fingerpost on the right.
8. Turn down this signed path, passing a bowling green on the left (watch out for the skinny bowler). The path is straight crossing a small bridge near a copse.
9. On reaching the road turn right. There is no roadside path here so take care. Just after a sharp bend the car park is on your left.