1. Look for a gate with stile on the opposite side of the road from the church and enter a side track initially crossing a pasture and then with wonderful views of the confluence of the Rivers Trent, Ouse and Humber.
2. Look for a path rising to the left of a bush with a waymarked sign and follow this path along the hillside with the main track sloping down on the right towards the river bank.
3. As you reach a wood the path slopes up to a stile and finger post with a seat nearby to admire the view. Cross the stile and go straight ahead between fields.
4. At a finger post turn left onto a wide track.
5. Cross the road, following Ings Lane.
6. A finger post on your left indicates the way going sharply back left diagonally across the field to a stile.
7. Cross the stile aiming diagonally left again to a gateway with stiles and then turn left into a lane.
8. Look for a gateway on the right with a view of the church and go through, following a fence on the left which leads into an enclosed path.
9. The path emerges out of Post Office Lane at a telephone box. Turn right here walking down the road.
10. Where the road bends right go straight along a footpath to the right of the church.
11. At the road turn left up Church Hill and back to the start.