1. From the car park turn left and cross the road walking uphill for a short distance.
2. Turn right along a lane, which soon bears left climbing slightly walking on the road until the houses are reached when a footpath/pavement is followed descending now down Upperthorpe Hill.
3. At the lovely village pond turn left into Commonside and follow it to its end at a T-junction.
4. Turn right here and cross the road and proceed to a mini-roundabout.
5. The walk here turns left along Akeferry Road. However, if you wish to follow an interesting mile diversion, turn right across the road down a lane, take your first left and follow a path by the side of the playing field. This rejoins the route at point six.
6. From Akeferry Road, turn left, past the school and village hall.
7. Cross the road and turn right down Sandbeds Lane, past Sandbeds Farm and then the track rises steadily terminating on the metalled Church Lane.
8. Turn right past the church to the car park.