1. Walk back along the former railway line to Jeffrey Lane, cross the road and continue along this line.
2. When the track ends at King Edward Street, cross and turn right.
3. Near the right hand bend take the first of two tracks going to the left. (The second path is signed Temple Gardens). Our track runs to the right of Stealgoose Drain, follow this track ignoring any side paths.
4. After passing a small rare breeds farm, turn left along another track, which merges, into Woodhouse Lane in the small settlement of Woodhouse.
5. As the lane meets the main road (A161) turn right).
6. Cross the main road, follow a rough lane to the right of Woodhouse Grange Farm.
7. In a few yards turn left along a waymarked track. This is Gares Lane; follow it for over half a mile.
8. Take the first waymarked track to the left. This is Bird Lane.
9. At the road (Westgate Road) turn left for about 150 yards.
10. Cross Westgate Road and follow Mann Lane which soon becomes a track ascending and bending left to cross Belton Fields.
11. The track emerges onto the High Street, turn right and, in a few yards cross and walk along Jeffrey Lane.
12. The Playing Field / Bowling Green sign indicates the way back to the car park.