Did you know you can petition the council?
You can petition the council about issues of concern to you.
However, we cannot accept petitions about planning or licensing applications or on matters where there is already an existing right of appeal, such as council tax banding and non-domestic rates.
How to petition us
Any petition must include at least the following information:
- A clear and concise statement covering the subject of the petition. It should state what action petitioners wish the council to take.
- The real names and addresses/valid post codes and signatures of ten or more persons supporting the petition who are registered on the Register of Electors for the area of North Lincolnshire Council.
- The petition organiser should also provide a real name, address and postcode (and email address/phone number), which will not be made public.
- Petitions should not be collected over more than a three month period.
- Paper petitions and e-petitions can be run concurrently and should close/finish at the same time. Totals will be combined and duplication of signatures checked.
- The Register of Electors for the area of the North Lincolnshire Council will be used to verify all signatures.
Full details can be found in our council constitution.
Note: Please read the constitution’s rules on petitions stated in D.1.35 before starting your petition as it or its wording may not comply, and therefore may not be accepted.
You can petition the council by paper, or by using an online petition service such as www.change.org
Petitions should be submitted by email to email@example.com, or by post.
It is possible to find petitions that are open using online search engines.