Find out when the next election is
Details of the upcoming elections in North Lincolnshire can be found below:
An election was held for a Parish Councillor for the Barton Parish on Thursday 3 October 2019.
The following were nominated:
- Jodi Christina Shanahan from the Green Party
- Alan Michael Todd from the Local Conservatives
- Jodi Christina Shanahan received 752 votes
- Alan Michael Todd received 1098 votes
Alan Michael Todd was duly elected.
Election Results Declaration – Barton [PDF, 151Kb]
Election Timetable [PDF, 44Kb]
Background and Information
1. The Electoral Registration and Administration Act 2013 requires North Lincolnshire Council to carry out a review of its polling districts and polling places every five years. The previous statutory review was undertaken in 2014.
2. The purpose of the review is to seek to ensure that –
- All electors in the North Lincolnshire area which includes the parliamentary constituencies of Scunthorpe County, Brigg & Goole and Cleethorpes have such reasonable facilities for voting as are practicable in the circumstances.
- So far as is reasonable and practicable every polling station for which it is responsible is accessible to electors with a disability
3. North Lincolnshire Council has published a notice of the formal commencement of the review in line with the statutory guidance. This has been published on its website and in the local paper – the Telegraph. It has also available at the offices of the council at the Church Square House, Scunthorpe.
4. The notice indicates that electors within the area are invited to make representations during this review relating to the boundaries of polling districts, the location of polling places and the suitability of polling stations within them. The council welcomes the views of all residents, particularly residents with a disability and any person or organisation with expertise in access of persons with any type of disability. Persons making representations should, if possible/applicable, give alternative places that may be used as polling places. Representations in connection with the review should be submitted to electoral services at the council by email or by post, by 6 October 2019. The email address for submissions is firstname.lastname@example.org and postal address – Electoral Services, Legal and Democracy, Church Square House, 30-40 High Street, Scunthorpe DN15 6NL.
5. Following the consultation an analysis will be undertaken and a draft report with proposals prepared for consideration. That draft report will be shared with interested parties through the council’s website before it is considered for approval at the scheduled meeting of Council on 10 December 2019.
6. Further information on the review can be found below in the Notice of the Review and polling districts/stations by register. Also, polling districts and polling places/stations (current and proposed) can be viewed on the council’s digital GIS mapping system below.
Maps showing electoral districts/wards and polling places (current and proposed) can be provided upon request.
7. Additional information on the review if required can be obtained from Richard Mell, Service Manager: Democracy or Anthia Taylor, Electoral Services Manager using the above email and postal addresses.
Monday to Thursday: 9am to 5pm
Friday: 9am to 4.30pm